Art of Hot Stone Massage DVD with "Serena" CD
Create the ultimate spa relaxation treatment with a full body hot stone massage. Save your hands and energy while working deeply. Includes demonstrations of timeless and creative techniques to perform relaxation and therapeutic stone massage. Techniques are taught by a team of world-class professionals led by Pat Mayrhofer. Includes "Serena," by Michael Benghiat, offering a tranquil blend of gentle acoustic instrumentation, perfect for massage, meditation, yoga and stress-relief.
The Art of Hot Stone Massage DVD
View demonstrations of timeless, therapeutic techniques used by professionals around the world to perform relaxation and therapeutic massage. Features up-close video footage of massage strokes and stone manipulation accompanied by expert narration.
What you will learn:
- A deeply relaxing and therapeutic full body massage using heated stones.
- Thermogenic benefits, history and specific techniques.
- Using hot stones to increase relaxation and improve energy flow.
- The basic equipment involved in heated stone massage.
- Best stones to use for hot stone massage work, including which stones best conduct and hold the heat.
- Care and cleaning of the stones.
- How to set up the equipment and heat the stones to the proper temperature.
- How to incorporate essential oils into the hot stone massage protocol.
- Information about the effect of different essential oils.
Hydrotherapy and the application of heat to the body to produce therapeutic effects can be traced to ancient times. Adding stones to your massage protocol adds a medium for the application of heat and/or cold to the body. Your clients will experience the added benefit of heat and you’ll save your wrists and hands because you’re sharing the work with the stones. The combination of the heat from the stones, the essential oils, and the soothing massage action of stones and oils produces a deep and penetrating state of relaxation and well being for both for you and your clients. 48 minutes.
Play Sample .mp3
The Serena CD, part of the At Peace Michael Benghiat Collection, previously released as Doors of Perception, offers a tranquil blend of gentle acoustic instrumentation, perfect for massage, meditation, stress-relief, yoga and the healing arts. The CD has been enhanced with another new composition. The music is a hypnotic blend of guitars, Balinese gamelan, piano, keyboards, drums and percussion, harp, and flutes and recorders. Approximately 61 minutes.