Head, Neck, and Shoulder Massage DVD
It is a combination of anatomy, joint movement, trigger points, stretching, and technical massage to address the most used and abused area in the body.
Massage Magazine (Oct 2004) Review:
Sherry Galloway's video, Head, Neck & Shoulder Massage, offers massage therapists a straightforward, solid routine for addressing the upper body. Galloway's sequence combines Swedish strokes, simple trigger-point work and fundamental stretches to relax the upper quadrant and work contracted tissues. Her directions are clear and the filming is well done.
This video is a good review for students in massage school and recent graduates who may need a refresher on how to pull together multiple techniques into a simple routine. For new massage therapists whose schooling concentrated on relaxation massage, Galloway's video offers instruction on how to add deeper, more specific techniques to one's bag of tools.
This video is divided into 5 sections:
- Back of Shoulder: trapezius, supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres, subscapularis, levator scapula, rhomboids
- Massage with Shoulder Joint Movement
- Side Lying: rotator cuffs, latisimus dorsi
- Front of Shoulder, pectoralis, serratus anterior
- Neck, scalenes, SCM & Head, occipital
Sherry teaches you both basic and advanced techniques including how to:
- Fully approach the anterior and posterior aspects of the shoulder
- Assess and maintain shoulder function
- Increase neck motility and flexibility
- Use long, Swedish strokes combined with therapeutic detail work to keep the body injury-free
- Identify and get rid of trigger points in the muscles to alleviate headaches
- Use your body weight to enhance thumb work
- Apply pressure point squeezing to relieve tension
- Monitor your client's comfort level throughout the massage
- Gently integrate rocking and stretching into the massage
Running Time: 40 mins