Hot Stone Facial DVD with "Avalon" CD
Transform an ordinary facial into an extraordinary relaxation experience. Create the ultimate facial-designed to rejuvenate body, mind and spirit. Includes demonstrations of timeless and creative techniques to perform relaxation and therapeutic stone massage. Techniques are taught by a team of world-class professionals led by Pat Mayrhofer. "Avalon" features Celtic arrangements and original songs composed and performed by Stephanie Bennet and accompanying musicians.
The Art of Hot Stone Facials
Discover the thermogenic and energetic benefits of hot stones. View hands-on demonstrations taught by world-class professionals. This DVD features up-close video footage of facial protocols including massage strokes and stone manipulation accompanied by expert narration. Learn how to create a healthy, relaxing and therapeutic hot stone facial experience for your clients that will keep them coming back to you for more.
What you will learn:
- How to create the ultimate, therapeutic hot stone facial.
- Basic equipment, set-up and supplies required to perform hot stone facials.
- Thermogenic benefits, history and specific techniques.
- Facial protocols including skin preparation and how to use booties, mitts and chakra stones.
- Proper handling of the hot stones - including appropriate temperature and the most efficient layout.
- Best stones to use for facials, including size and shape, and which stones best conduct and hold heat or cold.
- Massage strokes using hot stones for head, neck, shoulders, hands and arms.
- Care and cleaning of the stones.
Hydrotherapy and the application of heat to the body to produce therapeutic effects can be traced to ancient times. The application of hot stones during a facial adds a medium for the application of heat and/or cold to the body. The combination of heat from the pairs of stones and the gentle massage action of your hands will relieve stress and headaches and produce a soothing state of relaxation and well being, both for you and your clients. 30 minutes.
Play Sample .mp3
The Avalon Celtic Music for Relaxation CD, part of the At Peace Healing Collection, is a collection of Traditional Welsh, Scots, and Irish arrangements with a few original songs. It features wire-strung Celtic harp, nylon-strung Celtic harp, pedal harp, keyboards, Uilleann pipes (Irish bagpipes), pennywhistle, tenor recorder, soprano recorder, flute, and cello. People often comment that the music on this CD to be especially appealing and most relaxing. You might say this is a perfect antidote to our stressful, hurry-up lifestyles even for only the length of time it takes to listen to this CD. 60 minutes.