Sa-Wan Heaven Thai Herbal Ball Kit - 20 Mixed Treatments
The Sa-Wan Herbal Ball is a traditional hot therapeutic treatment that can be pressed along the Sen Sib lines, acupressure zones, and more to increase blood flow and lymphatic drainage. The Sa-Wan Ball can be used in combination with traditional Thai or Swedish massage or as a tool to work on specific parts of the body that need special attention for muscular tightness or pain.
- Lemongrass, Turmeric, Prai, Kaffir Lime, Camphor, Tamarind, Zingiber Purpuremum Rose, Curcuma Logna Linn, Cutrus Hystix
- Steam the herbal ball for 10-15 minutes. Gently press the herbal ball on the affected area or the whole body for relaxation
- Read steamer instructions and precautions before use
- Special care must be given to ensure that the therapist doesn not burn the client. We recommend testing the ball on the sensitive skin on the inside of the wrist or forearm - similar to how a mother tests the temperature of baby formula - prior to administering the ball to the client
- It is very important to instruct the client to inform you whether the ball is too hot at any time they feel such a sensation. It is also recommended to ask the client periodically during the treatment how they feel the temperature is
- Avoid contact with the eyes
- For pregnant women avoid massage and application to the abdomen
Sa-Wan Herbal Ball Care for Home Use:
- Take care when lifting the steamer lid to release the steam away from the body.
- The temperature of the Sa-Wan Ball is very hot when first taken out of the steamer and cools over time.
- Ball handle can be very hot when lifting from the steamer; use washcloth or similar item to grab handle when necessary
- Always test the temperature of the ball before applying to the client, whenever a new ball is retrieved from the steamer, and also during its use to feel the evolution of the heat of the ball
- The temperature that the client experiences from the herbal ball, is related to the temperature of the ball, the time that it is touching a single point on the body, and the pressure with which it is applied
- The ball is often very hot when retrieved from the steamer. A way to utilize this heat effectivly is to "stamp" with rapid movements along the body, gradually working more slowly and detailed, as the ball begins to lose some of its heat
- There are five basic techniques in using the Sa-Wan ball, with the most popular being Rocking and Rolling. In all cases, the ball is applied using steady pressure, perpendicular to the area being treated
- Rocking - steadily rocking the ball back and forth in a lateral motion
- Rolling - pivoting the ball in a circular motion while continuing to maintain steady, downward pressure.
- Stamping - light, rapid touching of the ball along the body
- Stationary - steady downward pressure while holding the pall perpendicular to the area being treated
- Dragging - steady pressure perpendicular to the Sen line while dragging. This technique is used to improve blood flow or lymphat drainage and can provide a sense of discomfort to some clients, depending on the amount of pressure used
Suggested Use for Clients:
- Store in a sealed plastic bag or container, making sure it is completely dry before storing or it will mold
- Can be stored for up to a week if kept refrigerated
- Can also be stored frozen for up to 1 month
- To reheat, soak ball in water for 3-5 minutes, microwave in 3/4 to 1" of water for 2-3 minutes (if frozen, for best results let thaw, otherwise soak for 10 minutes before heating)
- Use them for a detoxifying Herbal Bath while at the same time, scrubbing with the ball. The herbs in the ball will bring skin to a new level of regeneration.