Posted: September 30, 2016
Categories: Pro Tips
Bon Vital'® Serenity Hot Oil Scalp Ritual
- Begin with client in a supine position with clean towel under their head.
- Take a small amount of Bon Vital’® Serenity Massage Oil Blend. Rub it in your hands, have your client take 3 deep breaths while holding your hands above the clients face, so that they inhale the wonderful aroma.
- Start by pressing down on your client’s shoulders towards their feet in a rhythmic fashion.
- It is now time to add some warm Bon Vital’ Coconut Oil. First place some of the oil in your hand to test the temperature. Then apply gently to your client’s shoulders and décolleté (lower neck line) area using effleurage strokes bringing the
- This is a great time to start your face massage, remembering Bon Vital’ Coconut Oil is great to use on the face. With a light amount of oil still on your hands, draw your hands up the neck, in a gentle but firm effleurage stroke to the jaw line.
- Use the pads of your fingers and run along the jaw line to the center of the chin, around the mouth, up over the nose and finish on the forehead. Use a gentle downward compression on the forehead. Slide your fingers outward to the temporal area.
- Not breaking contact with the face, lightly slide your fingers back down to the jaw line. Begin fingertip kneading in a circular motion for the chin area moving upwards through the face. Remain aware of your pressure, hand placement and the flow of the treatment.
- You can finish the face portion of this massage with some gentle vibrations.
- Now take your bottle of warm oil and applying moderate amounts of your Coconut Oil blend to the hair and scalp. Make sure you apply to the entire head and scalp. Don’t be afraid to use a generous amount, coconut oil is great for skin and hair.
- Using effleurage strokes, work the oil gently into the hair by raking your fingers in long slow strokes from the hairline to the ends of the hair for even saturation.
- Using a circular motion and applying some deeper pressure with your finger tips (always watching your clients face for pain cues), start on the scalp from the top center on the hairline to the back of the head, in small sections, moving your way from the top of the head to the back of the head. Return again to the front hair line slightly lateral to where you started and continue to the back of the head. Repeat until you have covered the entire scalp. When it comes time, rest the clients head. Rotated gently in your one hand and work on the area of the head that was not accessible earlier, repeat for the other side. Remember to include the temporal and ear areas. It is also great to add gentle ear pulling at this time.
- Use a relaxing effleurage stroke in between techniques, like gentle finger raking of the hair.
- Use your finger tips to apply a downward pressure. Starting on the scalp from the top center on the hairline to the back of the head. In small sections, moving your way from the top of the head to the back of the head. Return again to the front hair line slightly lateral to where you started and continue to the back of the head. Repeat until you have covered the entire scalp. When it comes time, rest the clients head. Rotated gently in your one hand and work on the area of the head that was not accessible earlier, repeat for the other side.
- Wrap face in a Serenity Oil infused, warm towel.
- Remove towel from face and place on head using some gentle compressions.
- Remove the towel and place hands on either side of lower neck. Glide up the neck finishing with some gentle traction.
- Take the Serenity Blend Roll-on and put on their wrists and send them home with it to continue the path of serenity.
- Serve client a cup of chamomile tea.