WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
A big thank you to the great people at massage Warehouse. I can’t imagine being more satisfied and pleased with their 5 star customer service, knowledge, product selection, prices and shipping. If you haven’t already, go check out their website. Great products for massage therapists, bodyworkers, estheticians and non-professionals too!
- Mountain Mobile Massage and Spa.
We started using these sheets over a year ago and they were the best investment we have ever made. We do over 200 massage/week. These sheets are not only soft and attractive; they are durable and virtually wrinkle free. Thanks you Angie Patrick and massage Warehouse for your amazing service and pricing!
- The Boston Bodyworkers LLC.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I give a perfect manicure?
Many products and supplies are available to customize the perfect manicure and pedicure. In addition to the steps below, added services such as paraffin treatments, exfoliating scrubs, and hand or foot masks will personalize and enhance your menu options. To achieve the perfect basic manicure (or pedicure), follow these simple steps:
1. Soak hands and/or feet in clean, warm water.
2. Clip nails to an appropriate length for your client.
3. File nails to remove any rough edges.
4. Buff up the nails with a nail buffing block.
5. Oil the cuticle with nail oil.
6. Gently push back the cuticles with a nail implement; if necessary, use a cuticle nipper to remove.
7. Exfoliate the feet and/or hands with a gentle exfoliant.
8. During a pedicure treatment, remove with a foot file and a callus softening solution if calluses are present.
9. In a pedicure, also use the foot file to gently remove tough skin from the heels.
10. Moisturize the feet, hands, lower legs and/or arms with a quality cream or lotion. For a touch of luxury, consider running hot stones over the skin as the lotion absorbs.
11. Prepare for color by wiping residual lotions or oils off the nail bed with nail polish remover.
12. Wash the hands and feet with soap and water; use a nail brush to gently scrub the nail beds.
13. Apply two thin coats of nail polish.
14. Maintain nails with a topcoat.
15. While your client is ‘drying,’ offer a shoulder and back massage for the perfect finish.
How long does a manicure or pedicure last?
Keeping your manicure and pedicure looking fresh for as long as possible can be a challenge. Everyday activities and daily chores can affect the shine of the polish and potentially cause chips or scratches. When properly applied, a manicure should last one to two weeks and a pedicure should last two to four weeks. To extend the life of your manicured nails, add a layer of topcoat every few days. Pedicure Tip: To disguise inevitable chips and extend the life of your pedicure, use lighter color polishes instead of bright ones.
How often should you get a manicure?
Experts recommend getting a fresh manicure every two to three weeks to keep your nails healthy and hands looking great. Of course, time between services can vary greatly depending on an individual’s activity level, job requirements and nail growth rate. Using a hand moisturizer daily can keep your skin looking soft and smooth while adding a layer of topcoat to your nails will protect your polish’s overall appearance.
What are the benefits of manicure and pedicure?
Regular manicure and pedicure treatments offer much more than aesthetic benefits. Mani-pedi treatments keep your nails clean and free of cracks and chips, your cuticles healthy and your skin moisturized. Playing an important role in new skin regeneration, most professional pedicures also include the removal of tough, dry skin and calluses.