Chez Toi Chic - Reimagining the Spa Party
Chez Toi Chic - Reimagining the Spa Party
In this hurried world it is often difficult to find the time to slow down, relax, and unwind. Weekends seem to be shorter while our work week seems to grow exponentially. It’s difficult to find time to just ‘be’ with the besties. A dreamy spa weekend may fit the bill but coordinating schedules and budgets can be a daunting task. Or maybe your creative side is simply dying to reveal itself… Whatever the reason, an intimate and relaxing spa day in your own home can be just as rejuvenating as a few days away at a Five Star resort.
Although I am not an esthetician nor do I have my own personal stash of professional esthetic supplies, I am a seasoned event planner with a knack for all things classy and will reveal the distinctive sensory traits to keep in mind for hosting a first-class spa day. I will provide you with elegant details for each aspect of your serene spa day using online and local grocery store finds, fun recipes and menus, and a few key serving pieces.
Creating the Environment
The first sights and smells your guests encounter will set the tone for your party. The secret to creating an unforgettable transformation is to appeal to all five senses starting at your front door. Your design elements should remain consistent and progress throughout every space your guests enter. Repetition and lighting are the secrets to a professional looking event.
Start the Zen-like journey from the first moment your guest arrives. Craft a welcome sign and elude to the details you will unveil throughout your home. Although there are endless looks you can create, I suggest a calming color palette, organic elements, soft lighting and music, as well as pleasantly diffused aromas. No matter which design concept you decide on, keep it simple. Choose a few items and repeat, repeat, repeat. The key to a Zen experience is simplicity and minimalism with a strong nod to nature.
Zen Design Ideas
Rustic Zen Elements:
- Chalkboards, wood boxes, and tree trunk slices
- Soft linen or natural fiber fabrics
- Hints of lavender or lemon essential oils
- Pale wildflowers, herbs, twines, antique lace
- Light purples, soothing greens and natural, earthy tones
- Fairy lights, lanterns and ivory candles
Tropical Zen Elements:
- Nets and natural fiber fabrics
- Weaved platters, mats and baskets
- Oversized tropical leaves, white tropical flowers and/or calla lilies
- Seashells, sea glass, and sand
- Hints of hibiscus, ocean mist, and mango essential oils
- Pale blues, sea green, white, and natural, earthy tones
- Floating candles and mini light strings
Classic Spa Elements:
- Pure white fabrics in a variety of textures
- Succulents and cactus
- Wood elements – trays, boxes, candlesticks, bowls
- Glass bowls with floating flowers and candles
- Smooth stones, stacked and/or grouped
- Hints of eucalyptus, cucumber and lime
When Your Guests Arrive
Greet your guests with a warm scented towel. Let the power of aromatherapy transport your guests as the soft steam starts the rejuvenation process. Roll and display them on a tray to match your theme.
I also suggest presenting your guests with a ‘spa essentials’ package including a cozy robe, comfy slippers, and a headband. You may wish to include additional esthetician products like loofahs or collagen eye masks depending on the services you plan to offer.
Towel Warming Tips:
- Fill a bowl with warm water
- Add a few drops of essential oils to coordinate with your theme
- Soak towels for a few minutes
- Wring out the towels and roll them up
- Display on a tray or in a large bowl to match your décor
- Microwave at full power for 20-30 seconds just before guest arrival
Service Bar Ideas
Create fun and simple spa-related activities for your guests. Offer a Relaxation Bar with a few esthetic products like waxing supplies or manicure and pedicure products or simply offer an exhilarating facial mask that you can experience together as a group. Don’t forget the cucumber slices to relax those weary eyes! Whatever your choice, your guests will certainly love indulging in a true spa experience.
No gathering is complete without a chic and classy bar! Keep your guests hydrated with infused water. Beverage dispensers filled with citrus fruit, mint, cucumber or berries are not only gorgeous but truly a refreshing treat. And of course, no bar is complete without adult beverages. There is no need to offer a fully stocked bar. Choose a theme like sparkling wines or a specialty cocktail mixer like a flavored simple syrup paired with vodka, gin, club soda, and/or bitters. Be sure to offer cucumber slices, limes, lemons or berries as garnishes.
To make flavored simple syrup…
- Combine equal parts of granulated sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slice your flavoring choice (ex. Cucumber, berries, whole spices or herbs)
- Add to the mixture and let steep for 30 minutes
- Strain, cool and serve
Sweet Treats and Snacks:
Offer your guests a few healthy snacks and a sweet treat or two. The theme of the day is light and refreshing!
- Mini Cucumber Sandwiches
- Fresh Oatmeal Strawberry Bars
- Strawberry Feta Mixed Greens Salad
- DIY Gourmet Pear, Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad
- Chilled Spinach Dip with Pita Wedges
- And maybe even a green matcha dessert
Matcha Dusted Chocolate Truffles
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Epic Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer over very low heat.
- Stir in maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Add in half of the Epic Matcha green tea powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan in parchment.
- Add chocolate into a glass mixing bowl and slowly pour in the warm cream.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and mixed in.
- Pour onto sheet pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cool in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add remaining matcha into a bowl.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Form into balls. Roll in matcha to coat.
- Continue until all truffles are made. Enjoy!
When your time together is over, send your guests home with a memory of your special day. My favorite spa gift to give is the extremely affordable VOESH® Pedi in a Box which includes a sea salt soak, sugar scrub, mud masque, and massage cream in one convenient package and available in many aromas.
Ready – Set – Spa
Spa parties can be elegant, classy, and simple. They are timeless and ageless…girls of all ages love being pampered! They are perfect for a smaller intimate party but can easily be adapted for larger groups of friends. Most importantly they don’t have to break the bank. Use serving pieces, linens, and vases you have around the house and economical ingredients in your menu items. For Esthetician Supplies my go to resource is www.MassageWarehouse.com. They offer a great selection at affordable prices and a 110% Price Match Guarantee!