Complete™ Text Neck Massage
- Start your client in supine position. Passively stretch the contracted pectoral fascia. Warm the tissue first by placing a heated TheraPearl Sports Pack on the pectoral area a few minutes prior to starting.
- Add Bon Vital’ Complete Massage Creme to your hands. Begin general effleurage and broadening strokes to the pectoral and upper chest to prepare the tissues for deeper work.
- After you have prepared the pectoral area, start more specific work. Fascial spreading techniques by applying a flat hand, deeper pressure and gliding down the sternum then out towards the sides of the ribcage. Then apply deeper muscle frictions to the pectoral muscles with fingertips. Fingertip kneading to the subclavious muscle will also help to decrease the compression on the neurovascular bundle. Repeat 3 times.
- Slide hands underneath client to mid thoracic area and effleurage from mid thoracic to occipital ridge. Repeat 3 times.
- Use stripping strokes along para-spinal muscles from occipital ridge down to the base of the neck.
- Repeat on both sides of the neck three times.
- Apply direct pressure along para-spinal muscles of the neck from base to occipital bone.
- Repeat on both sides 3 times.
- Apply range of motion stretches to the neck.
- Apply Biofreeze Professional Gel to tender areas.*
- While your client is still supine, you will want to address the arms and hands.
- Apply effleurage strokes to warm the tissue of the hands and arm up to the shoulder on one side of the client’s body at least 3 times.
- Apply compression strokes from the wrist to elbow.
- Apply stripping strokes from the wrist to elbow.
- Raise elbow to 90°, squeeze forearm with one hand from elbow to wrist while supinating and holding the client’s hand. Apply stripping strokes to the palmer surface of the hand, pronating the hand.
- Massage the back of the hand with friction strokes.
- Massage pads of each finger and move each joint gently.
- Perform range of motion to the wrist using flexion, extension, abduction and adduction.
- Effleurage from wrist to shoulder.
- Duplicate for other arm and hand.
- Finish by applying Biofreeze Professional Gel to any localized area of tenderness.*
Take Home: Send client home with the Biofreeze Professional Gel and TheraPearl Sports Pack. The TheraPearl Sports Pack can be used cold to help reduce soreness, pain and inflammation.
Contraindications: General massage contraindications including those that apply to the hands and arms including contusions, open wounds and skin infections.
*Use Biofreeze Professional as indicated. Before applying Biofreeze Professional, be sure to wipe area clean of all massage lubricants.